Few people enjoy visiting the dental office, but a trip to the dentist would be quite hectic indeed without dental assistants. Dental assistants play an important role in the dentist’s office. The dental assistant supports the dentist, so that he or she can focus on the patient. Though the tasks may seem trivial, the dental assistant provides organization for the dentist and better emphasis on the patient. The dental assistant organizes the examination room, ensuring that the tools are clean, sterile, and working properly. They must be placed in easy reach for the dentist. Then, during the examination or procedure, the assistant must provide tools to the dentist, or aid in suctioning or retracting an area to improve the dentist’s vision. Sometimes, dental assistants make patient charts or help in the office.
Wyoming Dental Assistant Schools Enrolling Now
Penn Foster Career School
Career Diplomas and Certificates On Your Time and Online.
Want a better job? Looking for a new career? Thinking about starting your own business? Today’s students often don’t have time to attend regularly scheduled classes, but through online education, everyone can now get the education they need for the life they want. Penn Foster Career School, one of the world’s largest regionally accredited distance learning career schools, has educated millions of adults through their study-at-home programs.
When students complete their program they are awarded a Career Diploma. Penn Foster Career School offers Career Diplomas in a wide variety of high-demand career fields, particularly in the areas of: business, technology, engineering, health services, education, and the trades.
Career Diploma programs have gained in popularity because they contain a large amount of relevant, real-word applicable information that can be learned in a flexible format. Career Diplomas are ideal for people who are interested in changing careers, but can’t take time away from their current job or family obligations.
Why So Many Students Choose Penn Foster Career School for Their Training:
- All learning materials are available as soon as your enrollment is accepted.
- Students have the flexibility to study online… at a pace that’s right for them.
- There are no classes to attend because students complete all of their studies from the comfort and convenience of their own home.
- Penn Foster Career School offers over 50 Career Diploma programs in some of today’s most in-demand career fields.
- Friendly and helpful support from expert instructors dedicated to each student’s success is just a phone call or an email away.
- We have an extensive online community where students can interact with fellow students, faculty, and alumni. Students can also participate in the hundreds of blogs and academic groups.
- Web access to learning and student services is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Penn Foster Career School offers low tuition and customized payment plans with 0% interest.
- Books, study guides, learning aids, and instructor support are all included in the student’s tuition.
- As soon as students enroll, they immediately have access to Penn Foster Career Services, which include resume writing, interviewing tips, job search techniques, and more.
- Students can earn a Career Diploma in a matter of months.
Penn Foster Career School is accredited by the Distance Education Accrediting Commission (DEAC), which is recognized by the U.S. Department of Education (USDE) and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA). Penn Foster Career School is regionally accredited by the Commission on Secondary Schools of the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools.
Penn Foster Career School has been accredited as an Authorized Provider by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET).
Dental Assistant Salaries in Wyoming
In the United States, the average dental assistant salary is around $33,000. Salaries can start low, but will increase with experience. In Wyoming, the salaries are close to average. An experienced dental assistant may make an average of $33,550 per year. According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor statistics, many dental assistants get their training “on the job” in the dentist’s office. More and more, however, are taking advantage of dental assistant training programs. A few of these programs take less than a year to complete, while others take longer. Training increases the chances of getting hired, and job prospects are excellent, as dentists hire more assistants to enable them to focus on patients and perform more complex procedures. (Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.)
Wyoming Dental Assistant Job Outlook
Most dental assistants jobs are found in the more populated areas. Caspar and Cheyenne have the most dental assistant jobs in Wyoming. Caspar has the highest median salary for dental assistants in Wyoming.
Roles and Responsibilities of Wyoming Dental Assistants
The dental assistant is indispensable in the dental office. The assistant keeps the office running smoothly, and provides important support for the dentist. Dental Assistants play a crucial role in the dental field.
Also check out: