Dental establishments are busy premises. One may suppose that all that went on there was people’s teeth getting catered to. However, there are a whole raft of requirements and duties that go into a dental practice. That is where the dental assistant comes in. This professional’s role is to provide support to the dental operators in the practice. They accomplish this by attending to customers, performing administrative tasks such as managing appointments and petty cash transactions. Moreover, they are involved in assisting the dental operator during procedures by handing them instruments as well as making temporary crowns amongst other procedural requirements. If certified, some even become radiologists and dental hygienists.
Wisconsin Dental Assistant Schools Enrolling Now
Penn Foster Career School
Career Diplomas and Certificates On Your Time and Online.
Want a better job? Looking for a new career? Thinking about starting your own business? Today’s students often don’t have time to attend regularly scheduled classes, but through online education, everyone can now get the education they need for the life they want. Penn Foster Career School, one of the world’s largest regionally accredited distance learning career schools, has educated millions of adults through their study-at-home programs.
When students complete their program they are awarded a Career Diploma. Penn Foster Career School offers Career Diplomas in a wide variety of high-demand career fields, particularly in the areas of: business, technology, engineering, health services, education, and the trades.
Career Diploma programs have gained in popularity because they contain a large amount of relevant, real-word applicable information that can be learned in a flexible format. Career Diplomas are ideal for people who are interested in changing careers, but can’t take time away from their current job or family obligations.
Why So Many Students Choose Penn Foster Career School for Their Training:
- All learning materials are available as soon as your enrollment is accepted.
- Students have the flexibility to study online… at a pace that’s right for them.
- There are no classes to attend because students complete all of their studies from the comfort and convenience of their own home.
- Penn Foster Career School offers over 50 Career Diploma programs in some of today’s most in-demand career fields.
- Friendly and helpful support from expert instructors dedicated to each student’s success is just a phone call or an email away.
- We have an extensive online community where students can interact with fellow students, faculty, and alumni. Students can also participate in the hundreds of blogs and academic groups.
- Web access to learning and student services is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Penn Foster Career School offers low tuition and customized payment plans with 0% interest.
- Books, study guides, learning aids, and instructor support are all included in the student’s tuition.
- As soon as students enroll, they immediately have access to Penn Foster Career Services, which include resume writing, interviewing tips, job search techniques, and more.
- Students can earn a Career Diploma in a matter of months.
Penn Foster Career School is accredited by the Distance Education Accrediting Commission (DEAC), which is recognized by the U.S. Department of Education (USDE) and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA). Penn Foster Career School is regionally accredited by the Commission on Secondary Schools of the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools.
Penn Foster Career School has been accredited as an Authorized Provider by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET).
Dental Assistant Careers in Wisconsin
Careers in this field are rather exponential in nature as they hold great potential for advancement. Doe to the on the job training associated with dental assistant jobs in Wisconsin, the prospects for promotion are obvious. The dental assistant on achieving certification and relevant experience can go on to become a dental office manager or dental representative. In addition, with sustained education, the dental assistant can lay a foundation for a future career as a hygienist or even to pursue an undergraduate in dentistry or a related field. Contemplating a career in dental assisting should go hand in hand with one’s future aspirations.
Wisconsin Dental Assistant Salary and Job Outlook
The job market may be looking a bit ugly at the moment but not so for dental assistants. The job forecast for this group of health professionals has been touted by the US Bureau of Labor Statistics to have an expected growth rate of 31% (much higher than average) over the next decade.This is surely good news to those hoping to join Wisconsin dental assistant training schools to pursue certification in dental assisting. As for the salary outlook, the median salary to be expected is around $35,070 although this is expected to rise with the increase in elderly persons and the need for more and more health professionals. (Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.)
To become a practicing dental assistant recognized by the state one must undergo certain training and acquire certification from the DANB (Dental Assisting National Board). This is where one would look for a dental assistant training school in Wisconsin and inquire about the certification, diploma and associate degrees offered for dental assistant training. To get into these institutions of learning, one needs a high school diploma and preferably have had done some science subjects. In addition, experience may count to some deduction in credits required.
Financial Aid Information in Wisconsin
Financial aid may be accrued in the form of scholarships from these schools or loans and grants from the Fed that may be accessed at the local federal grants office or agent.
Also check out: