Few look forward to a trip to the dentist. We visit once a year by force, unless we find ourselves in pain. The goal is to check the health of our teeth am gums. A simple visit can end with cavities, a root canal, the dreaded gingivitis or a positive job well done. Ways to ensure a clean bill of health for your teeth is proper and routine cleaning, flossing, mouthwash use and of course visits to the dentist. The dentist office can prove to be a long wait for an appointment and an even longer wait in the office itself. Drills, swishing and the overwhelming smell of fluoride follow this waiting providing some with a sense of dread.
West Virginia Dental Assistant Schools Enrolling Now
Penn Foster Career School
Career Diplomas and Certificates Your Time and Online.
Want a better job? Looking for a new career? Thinking about starting your own business? Today’s students often don’t have time to attend regularly scheduled classes, but through online education. Penn Foster Career School, one of the world’s largest regionally accredited distance learning career schools, has educated millions of adults through their study-at-home programs.
When students complete their program they are awarded a Career Diploma. Penn Foster Career School offers Career Diplomas in a wide variety of high-demand career fields, particularly in the areas of: business, technology, engineering, health services, education, and the trades.
Career Diploma programs have gained in popularity because they contain a large amount of relevant, real-word applicable information that can be learned in a flexible format. Career Diplomas are ideal for people who are interested in changing careers, but can’t take time away from their current job or family obligations.
Why Many Students Choose Penn Foster Career School for Their Training:
- Materials are available as soon as your enrollment is accepted.
- Students have the flexibility to study online… at a pace that’s right for them.
- There are no classes to attend because students complete all of their studies from the comfort and convenience of their own home.
- Penn Foster offers over 50 Career Diploma programs in some of today’s most in-demand career fields.
- Friendly and helpful support from expert instructors dedicated to each student’s success is just a phone call or an email away.
- We have an extensive online community where students can interact with fellow students, faculty, and alumni. Students can also participate in the hundreds of blogs and academic groups.
- Web access to learning and student services is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Penn Foster Career School’s tuition is among the lowest of all accredited career schools. They offer 0% interest and customized monthly payment plans.
- Books, study guides, learning aids, and instructor support are all included in the student’s tuition.
- Students and graduates have immediate access to Penn Foster Career Services, which include resume writing, interviewing tips, job search techniques, and more.
- Students can earn a Career Diploma in a matter of months.
Penn Foster Career School is accredited by the Distance Education Accrediting Commission (DEAC), which is recognized by the U.S. Department of Education (USDE) and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA). Penn Foster Career School is regionally accredited by the Commission on Secondary Schools of the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools.
Penn Foster Career School has been accredited as an Authorized Provider by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET).
Dental Assistant Careers in West Virginia
A dental assistant’s job is first and foremost to assist the dental practitioner in easing the patient’s fears. A relaxed patient provides better cooperation and a faster check-up. Besides seeing to the patient’s well being, they are responsible for providing more efficient treatment. An assistant prepare instruments, takes impressions and exposes dental x-rays. Ultimately, they act as the dentists extra pair of hands throughout all operations. Like a magicians assistant they ease the audience and make the time fly by.
Salaries for Dental Assistants in West Virginia
Well trained dental assistants in West Virginia can earn, on average, approximately $27,170 per year or $13.06 an hour. (Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.)
Job Outlook and Schooling
As demand increases, so will job security. It is no secret that medical specialty fields are currently in high demand. In order to become a certified dental assistant (CDA), dental assistants must complete both schooling and on the job training which the dental assistant training schools in West Virginia aptly provide. This pre-training and certification ensures that individuals will be prepared before starting their careers.
A dental assistant should be a people person with a strong desire to seek other people’s comfort. You will gain the skills to aid people in the stressful environment of a dental appointment. The benefit from helping distress and de-plaque is valued by all.
Also check out: