There are several good dental assistant schools in Virginia, and each of them can teach you the skills you need to join the high-demand, competitive field of dental assisting. Enrolling in a Virginia dental assistant school is a great first step to becoming a Virginia dental assistant, with career-focused courses and overall dental and medical knowledge provided to help you pursue the career you’re looking for.
Virginia Dental Assistant Schools Enrolling Now
At Fortis, our students get the skills and training needed for great careers in industries that are in demand. You are now closer to your dreams than ever before!
Fortis provides prominent education for anyone regardless of your previous educational background. Get the opportunity to receive all the personalized attention you deserve to achieve your career and educational goals!
Penn Foster Career School
Career Diplomas and Certificates On Your Time and Online.
Want a better job? Looking for a new career? Thinking about starting your own business? Today’s students often don’t have time to attend regularly scheduled classes, but through online education, everyone can now get the education they need for the life they want. Penn Foster Career School, one of the world’s largest regionally accredited distance learning career schools, has educated millions of adults through their study-at-home programs.
When students complete their program they are awarded a Career Diploma. Penn Foster Career School offers Career Diplomas in a wide variety of high-demand career fields, particularly in the areas of: business, technology, engineering, health services, education, and the trades.
Career Diploma programs have gained in popularity because they contain a large amount of relevant, real-word applicable information that can be learned in a flexible format. Career Diplomas are ideal for people who are interested in changing careers, but can’t take time away from their current job or family obligations.
Why So Many Students Choose Penn Foster Career School for Their Training:
- All learning materials are available as soon as your enrollment is accepted.
- Students have the flexibility to study online… at a pace that’s right for them.
- There are no classes to attend because students complete all of their studies from the comfort and convenience of their own home.
- Penn Foster Career School offers over 50 Career Diploma programs in some of today’s most in-demand career fields.
- Friendly and helpful support from expert instructors dedicated to each student’s success is just a phone call or an email away.
- We have an extensive online community where students can interact with fellow students, faculty, and alumni. Students can also participate in the hundreds of blogs and academic groups.
- Web access to learning and student services is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Penn Foster Career School offers low tuition and customized payment plans with 0% interest.
- Books, study guides, learning aids, and instructor support are all included in the student’s tuition.
- As soon as students enroll, they immediately have access to Penn Foster Career Services, which include resume writing, interviewing tips, job search techniques, and more.
- Students can earn a Career Diploma in a matter of months.
Penn Foster Career School is accredited by the Distance Education Accrediting Commission (DEAC), which is recognized by the U.S. Department of Education (USDE) and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA). Penn Foster Career School is regionally accredited by the Commission on Secondary Schools of the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools.
Penn Foster Career School has been accredited as an Authorized Provider by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET).
About Dental Assistant Training Schools in Virginia
The dental assistant is more than a comforter. In fact, the dentist depends on this assistant to provide support. Dental procedures are difficult to do solo; therefore, a dental assistant aids the process. Similar to a good surgical assistant, a good dental assistant makes the process smooth.
Dental Assistant Salaries in Virginia
Income in dentistry is good. Of course, dental surgeons and specialists make the most; however, a dental assistant can earn an average of $36,200 per year in Virginia. In addition, more experienced dental assistants earn around $44,000 to $48,000.
Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.
A dental assistant position is not regulated intensely. Virginia prefers dental assistants to attain a one year certificate. This is enforced by employers hiring graduates from one year programs. The local community colleges offer dental assistant certificate programs. In addition, students that desire a higher level can acquire a two year associate’s degree. A higher level degree aids in promotions; besides, it is unlikely to progress in this profession without higher education.
Professionals in career trends are stating that dental assistants will have more opportunities in the next decade. The baby boomers are flooding the healthcare markets, and the dental community better prepare also. Older people are concerned about their dental health, and parents bring young children to the dentist at earlier ages.
Roles and Responsibilities
People put much faith and trust in healthcare professionals. This includes medical and dental professionals. A dental assistant is expected to deliver high quality of service to patients and the staff. As a support position, the dental assistant, fills an important role in the dental office.
Also check out: