There are few things as precious to a person as their teeth. Although most people know they should brush twice a day and floss often, most people do not. Regular dental check-ups are therefore very important. The licensed professional known as a dental assistant is usually the first member of the team to greet the patient.
Vermont Dental Assistant Schools Enrolling Now
Penn Foster Career School
Career Diplomas and Certificates Your Time and Online.
Want a better job? Looking for a new career? Thinking about starting your own business? Today’s students often don’t have time to attend regularly scheduled classes, but through online education. Penn Foster Career School, one of the world’s largest regionally accredited distance learning career schools, has educated millions of adults through their study-at-home programs.
When students complete their program they are awarded a Career Diploma. Penn Foster Career School offers Career Diplomas in a wide variety of high-demand career fields, particularly in the areas of: business, technology, engineering, health services, education, and the trades.
Career Diploma programs have gained in popularity because they contain a large amount of relevant, real-word applicable information that can be learned in a flexible format. Career Diplomas are ideal for people who are interested in changing careers, but can’t take time away from their current job or family obligations.
Why Many Students Choose Penn Foster Career School for Their Training:
- Materials are available as soon as your enrollment is accepted.
- Students have the flexibility to study online… at a pace that’s right for them.
- There are no classes to attend because students complete all of their studies from the comfort and convenience of their own home.
- Penn Foster offers over 50 Career Diploma programs in some of today’s most in-demand career fields.
- Friendly and helpful support from expert instructors dedicated to each student’s success is just a phone call or an email away.
- We have an extensive online community where students can interact with fellow students, faculty, and alumni. Students can also participate in the hundreds of blogs and academic groups.
- Web access to learning and student services is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Penn Foster Career School’s tuition is among the lowest of all accredited career schools. They offer 0% interest and customized monthly payment plans.
- Books, study guides, learning aids, and instructor support are all included in the student’s tuition.
- Students and graduates have immediate access to Penn Foster Career Services, which include resume writing, interviewing tips, job search techniques, and more.
- Students can earn a Career Diploma in a matter of months.
Penn Foster Career School is accredited by the Distance Education Accrediting Commission (DEAC), which is recognized by the U.S. Department of Education (USDE) and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA). Penn Foster Career School is regionally accredited by the Commission on Secondary Schools of the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools.
Penn Foster Career School has been accredited as an Authorized Provider by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET).
About Dental Assistant Careers in Vermont
The dental assistant will prep the patient for whatever the visit will entail that day. In addition, dental assistants clean treatment rooms, prepare necessary equipment and instruments, process dental X-rays, teach oral hygiene methods to patients, and create teeth molds. They may take X-rays with the proper expanded certification. Dental assistants are the support system for the dentist they work under and greatly benefit the office and patients they serve.
Even as many job positions decrease, the number of opportunities for medical professionals is rising. Baby boomers are continuing to age, and new positions in dentistry are opening in response to heightened demand. In Vermont, dental assistants can expect to earn an average of $37,560 per year. With additional experience, a dental assistant’s salary could reach upward of $40,000 annually. These figures do not yet account for taxes. A position in a dental office makes for a stable, excellent career.
Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.
Dental assistants in Vermont are highly advised to complete a dental assistant program in order to be a competitive applicant for the position. The typical program will offer courses in the study of dental science, dental anatomy, oral radiology, and dental equipment. Students earn certification in CPR/AED and certification for taking dental radiographs. It also will offer clinical sessions during which a student learns in the office environment what is expected of him or her as a dental assistant. To earn the title of ‘Certified Dental Assistant’, graduates must sit for the Dental Assisting National Board examination. This test ensures they are prepared for their career.
Financial Aid in Vermont for Dental Assistant Training Schools
The Center for Technology, located in Essex Junction, Vermont, has the state’s only accredited dental assistant program. Tuition costs $5,275.00 for the six-week long summer training. Qualifying students will receive 50 percent paid tuition reimbursement from the Vermont State Department of Economic Development.
Also check out: