A trip to the dentist is seldom pleasant. But without dental assistants, the experience would be more unsettling. The dental assistant provides critical support for the dentist, allowing for a greater focus on the procedure. The assistant also performs clerical duties in many offices. While the tasks sometimes seem inconsequential, they are actually important because they improve the efficiency of the dentist.
Utah Dental Assistant Schools Enrolling Now
Penn Foster Career School
Career Diplomas and Certificates On Your Time and Online.
Want a better job? Looking for a new career? Thinking about starting your own business? Today’s students often don’t have time to attend regularly scheduled classes, but through online education, everyone can now get the education they need for the life they want. Penn Foster Career School, one of the world’s largest regionally accredited distance learning career schools, has educated millions of adults through their study-at-home programs.
When students complete their program they are awarded a Career Diploma. Penn Foster Career School offers Career Diplomas in a wide variety of high-demand career fields, particularly in the areas of: business, technology, engineering, health services, education, and the trades.
Career Diploma programs have gained in popularity because they contain a large amount of relevant, real-word applicable information that can be learned in a flexible format. Career Diplomas are ideal for people who are interested in changing careers, but can’t take time away from their current job or family obligations.
Why So Many Students Choose Penn Foster Career School for Their Training:
- All learning materials are available as soon as your enrollment is accepted.
- Students have the flexibility to study online… at a pace that’s right for them.
- There are no classes to attend because students complete all of their studies from the comfort and convenience of their own home.
- Penn Foster Career School offers over 50 Career Diploma programs in some of today’s most in-demand career fields.
- Friendly and helpful support from expert instructors dedicated to each student’s success is just a phone call or an email away.
- We have an extensive online community where students can interact with fellow students, faculty, and alumni. Students can also participate in the hundreds of blogs and academic groups.
- Web access to learning and student services is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Penn Foster Career School offers low tuition and customized payment plans with 0% interest.
- Books, study guides, learning aids, and instructor support are all included in the student’s tuition.
- As soon as students enroll, they immediately have access to Penn Foster Career Services, which include resume writing, interviewing tips, job search techniques, and more.
- Students can earn a Career Diploma in a matter of months.
Penn Foster Career School is accredited by the Distance Education Accrediting Commission (DEAC), which is recognized by the U.S. Department of Education (USDE) and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA). Penn Foster Career School is regionally accredited by the Commission on Secondary Schools of the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools.
Penn Foster Career School has been accredited as an Authorized Provider by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET).
About Dental Assistant Careers in Utah
The dental assistant’s job includes organizing the examination room. The assistant cleans and sterilizes the tools, and makes sure they are accessible for the dentist. Then, during the examination or procedure, the assistant must assist the dentist and keep the dentist’s vision clear through suctioning or retracting areas. Some dental assistants make charts, or help in the office.
Dental Assistant Salaries in Utah
In the United States, the average dental assistant salary is around $33,500. Although the salaries may start low, they increase with experience. In Utah, average annual salaries are about $5k below average. The mean annual wage for Utah dental assistants works out to be approximately $27,460 or $13.20 an hour. Many dental assistants train in the dentist’s office, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. More, however, are choosing to attend dental assistant programs, some of which take less than one year to complete. Other programs may take eighteen months or more. Job prospects are excellent because dentists are hiring more dental assistants, so they can increase emphasis on their patients’ procedures. (Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.)
Most dental assistants find jobs in St. George, Provo, Salt Lake City, and Ogden. Logan also has dental assistant jobs available. The highest salaries for dental assistants in Utah may be found in Salt Lake City and St. George.
Roles and Responsibilities of Dental Assistants
A good dental assistant’s job is to aid the dentist, allowing the dentist to focus on the patient. The tasks may seem simple, but they are of great importance, and keep the office and procedures running smoothly.
Also check out: