The role of a dental assistant is no less important than that of a dentist. Setting appointments and keeping patient records, dental assistants ensure that the dental office runs smoothly. The job allows for a flexible work schedule, and many work only part-time or for more than one office. Dental assisting is one of the fastest growing careers today. A number of jobs are available for both entry-level and experienced dental assistants.
South Dakota Dental Assistant Schools Enrolling Now
Penn Foster Career School
Career Diplomas and Certificates On Your Time and Online.
Want a better job? Looking for a new career? Thinking about starting your own business? Today’s students often don’t have time to attend regularly scheduled classes, but through online education, everyone can now get the education they need for the life they want. Penn Foster Career School, one of the world’s largest regionally accredited distance learning career schools, has educated millions of adults through their study-at-home programs.
When students complete their program they are awarded a Career Diploma. Penn Foster Career School offers Career Diplomas in a wide variety of high-demand career fields, particularly in the areas of: business, technology, engineering, health services, education, and the trades.
Career Diploma programs have gained in popularity because they contain a large amount of relevant, real-word applicable information that can be learned in a flexible format. Career Diplomas are ideal for people who are interested in changing careers, but can’t take time away from their current job or family obligations.
Why So Many Students Choose Penn Foster Career School for Their Training:
- All learning materials are available as soon as your enrollment is accepted.
- Students have the flexibility to study online… at a pace that’s right for them.
- There are no classes to attend because students complete all of their studies from the comfort and convenience of their own home.
- Penn Foster Career School offers over 50 Career Diploma programs in some of today’s most in-demand career fields.
- Friendly and helpful support from expert instructors dedicated to each student’s success is just a phone call or an email away.
- We have an extensive online community where students can interact with fellow students, faculty, and alumni. Students can also participate in the hundreds of blogs and academic groups.
- Web access to learning and student services is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Penn Foster Career School offers low tuition and customized payment plans with 0% interest.
- Books, study guides, learning aids, and instructor support are all included in the student’s tuition.
- As soon as students enroll, they immediately have access to Penn Foster Career Services, which include resume writing, interviewing tips, job search techniques, and more.
- Students can earn a Career Diploma in a matter of months.
Penn Foster Career School is accredited by the Distance Education Accrediting Commission (DEAC), which is recognized by the U.S. Department of Education (USDE) and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA). Penn Foster Career School is regionally accredited by the Commission on Secondary Schools of the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools.
Penn Foster Career School has been accredited as an Authorized Provider by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET).
About Dental Assistant Careers in South Dakota
Dental assistants work alongside dentists in a comfortable office environment. They help with routine tasks, such as preparing equipment, so that dentists can focus on more complicated procedures. Their job is not to stay in the shadows, however. They work directly with patients, educating them on proper oral care and hygiene. They also perform important tasks for dental procedures, such as applying anesthetics and taking x-rays. It is a truly rewarding career for anyone who wants to make a difference in the medical field.
Dental Assistant Salaries in South Dakota
On average, dental assistants in South Dakota can earn about $29,590 each year. This is remarkable for a career that does not require a four-year degree. This salary will likely remain stable or increase due to high job demand. Some use dental assisting as a stepping stone for advancing to higher-paying careers in the medical field or administration. (Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.)
Educational Requirements for Dental Assistants
In South Dakota, dental assistants enter the workforce in less than a year. Training is available through state-approved programs and dental assisting schools. Afterward, students take an examination to become a Certified Dental Assistant (CDA). Dental assistants learn additional skills while on the job.
Financial Aid for Dental Assistant Schools
Plenty of financial aid is available for those who wish to attend a dental assistant school. Organizations such as the American Dental Association (ADA) and the National Dental Association Foundation (NDAF) offer scholarships. Students should also see if they qualify for grants and loans by filling out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
Also check out: