When was the last time you visited the dentist? If you are a health-conscious individual your answer will be within the past twelve months. In addition to exercise, diet, and annual physicals, maintaining proper dental hygiene is integral to your overall well-being. Yet no dentist works alone in his efforts to create beautiful, healthy smiles; the best doctors have knowledgeable dental assistants at their side helping them with every move.
South Carolina Dental Assistant Schools Enrolling Now
Penn Foster Career School
Career Diplomas and Certificates On Your Time and Online.
Want a better job? Looking for a new career? Thinking about starting your own business? Today’s students often don’t have time to attend regularly scheduled classes, but through online education, everyone can now get the education they need for the life they want. Penn Foster Career School, one of the world’s largest regionally accredited distance learning career schools, has educated millions of adults through their study-at-home programs.
When students complete their program they are awarded a Career Diploma. Penn Foster Career School offers Career Diplomas in a wide variety of high-demand career fields, particularly in the areas of: business, technology, engineering, health services, education, and the trades.
Career Diploma programs have gained in popularity because they contain a large amount of relevant, real-word applicable information that can be learned in a flexible format. Career Diplomas are ideal for people who are interested in changing careers, but can’t take time away from their current job or family obligations.
Why So Many Students Choose Penn Foster Career School for Their Training:
- All learning materials are available as soon as your enrollment is accepted.
- Students have the flexibility to study online… at a pace that’s right for them.
- There are no classes to attend because students complete all of their studies from the comfort and convenience of their own home.
- Penn Foster Career School offers over 50 Career Diploma programs in some of today’s most in-demand career fields.
- Friendly and helpful support from expert instructors dedicated to each student’s success is just a phone call or an email away.
- We have an extensive online community where students can interact with fellow students, faculty, and alumni. Students can also participate in the hundreds of blogs and academic groups.
- Web access to learning and student services is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Penn Foster Career School offers low tuition and customized payment plans with 0% interest.
- Books, study guides, learning aids, and instructor support are all included in the student’s tuition.
- As soon as students enroll, they immediately have access to Penn Foster Career Services, which include resume writing, interviewing tips, job search techniques, and more.
- Students can earn a Career Diploma in a matter of months.
Penn Foster Career School is accredited by the Distance Education Accrediting Commission (DEAC), which is recognized by the U.S. Department of Education (USDE) and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA). Penn Foster Career School is regionally accredited by the Commission on Secondary Schools of the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools.
Penn Foster Career School has been accredited as an Authorized Provider by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET).
About Dental Assistant Careers in South Carolina
As with other medical assistant jobs dental assistants play a key role in every dentist’s office; they not only help the doctor on staff during each patient visit but also prepare for the visit as well as perform several functions while the doctor is attending to others. Individuals interested in becoming a dental assistant will want to become part of a team that often works in a fast-paced yet detail-oriented environment that demands focus and a caring touch.
Roles and Responsibilities
Within the dentist’s office there is very little that the dental assistant does not have a hand in. From disinfecting each piece of equipment prior to a patient’s arrival and preparing the paperwork for the doctor to removing sutures, applying topical ointments, and even coronal polishing in some states, a dental assistant is a key element to a productive and successful dental clinic.
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics the job outlook for dental assistants is extremely promising with an expected growth of 31 percent from now until at least 2020. As more of the older population retain their natural teeth and younger generations are exposed to preventative oral programs that emphasize daily brushing and flossing habits, the need for dental assistants will grow to meet the demands of a larger population. (Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.)
Dental Assistant Salaries in South Carolina
Not far from the national average, a dental assistant in South Carolina can expect to make $33,890 per year with more tenure bringing higher wages.
Also check out: