Dental procedures are often not something that people look forward to having done, but having a competent and personable dentist makes the whole situation much smoother. The job of a dentist is complex and requires the dentist to work in tight places. Dental assistants help dentists perform procedures with precision and ease.
Nebraska Dental Assistant Schools Enrolling Now
Penn Foster Career School
Career Diplomas and Certificates Your Time and Online.
Want a better job? Looking for a new career? Thinking about starting your own business? Today’s students often don’t have time to attend regularly scheduled classes, but through online education. Penn Foster Career School, one of the world’s largest regionally accredited distance learning career schools, has educated millions of adults through their study-at-home programs.
When students complete their program they are awarded a Career Diploma. Penn Foster Career School offers Career Diplomas in a wide variety of high-demand career fields, particularly in the areas of: business, technology, engineering, health services, education, and the trades.
Career Diploma programs have gained in popularity because they contain a large amount of relevant, real-word applicable information that can be learned in a flexible format. Career Diplomas are ideal for people who are interested in changing careers, but can’t take time away from their current job or family obligations.
Why Many Students Choose Penn Foster Career School for Their Training:
- Materials are available as soon as your enrollment is accepted.
- Students have the flexibility to study online… at a pace that’s right for them.
- There are no classes to attend because students complete all of their studies from the comfort and convenience of their own home.
- Penn Foster offers over 50 Career Diploma programs in some of today’s most in-demand career fields.
- Friendly and helpful support from expert instructors dedicated to each student’s success is just a phone call or an email away.
- We have an extensive online community where students can interact with fellow students, faculty, and alumni. Students can also participate in the hundreds of blogs and academic groups.
- Web access to learning and student services is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Penn Foster Career School’s tuition is among the lowest of all accredited career schools. They offer 0% interest and customized monthly payment plans.
- Books, study guides, learning aids, and instructor support are all included in the student’s tuition.
- Students and graduates have immediate access to Penn Foster Career Services, which include resume writing, interviewing tips, job search techniques, and more.
- Students can earn a Career Diploma in a matter of months.
Penn Foster Career School is accredited by the Distance Education Accrediting Commission (DEAC), which is recognized by the U.S. Department of Education (USDE) and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA). Penn Foster Career School is regionally accredited by the Commission on Secondary Schools of the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools.
Penn Foster Career School has been accredited as an Authorized Provider by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET).
Being a Dental Assistant in Nebraska
Dental assistants are an essential part of the dental process from the moment the patient gets in the office. Dental assistants inform patients of procedures and postoperative care. Assistants often perform a number of tasks including preparing materials for impressions, processing x-rays, removing stitches, applying anesthetics, making temporary crowns, and so on. Some dental assistants also have office duties such as scheduling appointments, receiving patients, receiving payments, and keeping records on patient treatments. Dental assistants are an important part of every dental office visit as they work closely with the dentist. Dental assistants shouldn’t be confused with dental hygienists, however, who are qualified to perform different tasks.
Dental Assistant Work Environment
Dental assistant usually work in well-lit, clean, dental offices. They are situated near the dentist chairs so they can make instruments ready for the dentist and his/her procedures. Dental assistants have to wear masks, gloves, and protective clothing to protect themselves from infectious diseases. In 2010, over half of dental assistants worked full-time thirty-five to forty hour weeks. Other dental assistants only work part-time, or with flexible schedules.
Dental Assistant Educational Requirements
Most dental assistants learn their skills from on the job training. There are training programs available by community colleges and technical universities. Most training programs can be completed in approximately one year.
Earnings and Outlook in Nebraska for Dental Assistants
Dental assistants in Nebraska made an average salary of $32,130 before taxes. Of course, there are higher end and lower paying jobs as dental assistants as well, depending on the location of the job and the qualifications of the dental assistant in question. Dental assistant careers are expected to increase, so there will be no shortage in jobs. (Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.)
Also check out: