No one enjoys a trip to the dentist. But the dentist’s office would be even more stressful without dental assistants. The dental assistant provides crucial support for the dentist, allowing for a greater focus on the patient. The assistant also supports the dental hygienist in many offices. While the tasks may seem small, they provide for increased comfort for the patient and improved organization for the dentist.
Montana Dental Assistant Schools Enrolling Now
Penn Foster Career School
Career Diplomas and Certificates Your Time and Online.
Want a better job? Looking for a new career? Thinking about starting your own business? Today’s students often don’t have time to attend regularly scheduled classes, but through online education. Penn Foster Career School, one of the world’s largest regionally accredited distance learning career schools, has educated millions of adults through their study-at-home programs.
When students complete their program they are awarded a Career Diploma. Penn Foster Career School offers Career Diplomas in a wide variety of high-demand career fields, particularly in the areas of: business, technology, engineering, health services, education, and the trades.
Career Diploma programs have gained in popularity because they contain a large amount of relevant, real-word applicable information that can be learned in a flexible format. Career Diplomas are ideal for people who are interested in changing careers, but can’t take time away from their current job or family obligations.
Why Many Students Choose Penn Foster Career School for Their Training:
- Materials are available as soon as your enrollment is accepted.
- Students have the flexibility to study online… at a pace that’s right for them.
- There are no classes to attend because students complete all of their studies from the comfort and convenience of their own home.
- Penn Foster offers over 50 Career Diploma programs in some of today’s most in-demand career fields.
- Friendly and helpful support from expert instructors dedicated to each student’s success is just a phone call or an email away.
- We have an extensive online community where students can interact with fellow students, faculty, and alumni. Students can also participate in the hundreds of blogs and academic groups.
- Web access to learning and student services is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Penn Foster Career School’s tuition is among the lowest of all accredited career schools. They offer 0% interest and customized monthly payment plans.
- Books, study guides, learning aids, and instructor support are all included in the student’s tuition.
- Students and graduates have immediate access to Penn Foster Career Services, which include resume writing, interviewing tips, job search techniques, and more.
- Students can earn a Career Diploma in a matter of months.
Penn Foster Career School is accredited by the Distance Education Accrediting Commission (DEAC), which is recognized by the U.S. Department of Education (USDE) and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA). Penn Foster Career School is regionally accredited by the Commission on Secondary Schools of the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools.
Penn Foster Career School has been accredited as an Authorized Provider by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET).
About Dental Assistant Careers in Montana
The dental assistant’s job often begins with the organization of the examination room. He or she must make sure that each of the tools is clean, sterile, and working properly. The tools must be placed for easy access for the dentist. Then, during the examination or procedure, the assistant must be ready to hand tools to the dentist, or to aid in suctioning or retracting an area to clear obstructions to the dentist’s vision. Some dental assistants create patient charts, or even help in the radiology lab.
Dental Assistant Salaries in Montana
In the United States, the average dental assistant salary is around $33,470 per year . The salaries start low, but increase with experience, with some assistants making $46,000 or slightly above. In Montana, the salaries are slightly below average. The average annual salary for Montana dental assistants is $31,190. While some dental assistants learn their trade “on the job” in a dentist’s office, according the the U.S. Bureau of Labor statistics, more and more are attending dental-assisting programs. Some of these programs take as little as one year. Job prospects should be quite good, because dentists are hiring more assistants so that they can focus more on their patients, and perform more complicated procedures. (Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.)
Montana Dental Assistant Job Outlook
Most dental assistants concentrate their efforts to the Great Falls jobs market, because Great Falls has the greatest population. Billings and Missoula also have dental assistant jobs available. The highest median salary for dental assistants in Montana is in Missoula.
Roles and Responsibilities of Dental Assistants
The dental assistant’s job is to perform the tasks that keep the office working smoothly and efficiently. The tasks may seem insignificant, but they are of great importance to the focus of the dentist and the comfort of the patient.
Also check out: