Dental assistant schools in Mississippi are growing in popularity. This is because the training required for this job employment segment is easily accessible while the merits are numerous. Consider that the aspirant once trained in this profession can advance their career to embrace greater responsibilities. These include becoming the office manager, a dental sales representative amongst other well paid posts. In addition, the dental assistant careers in Mississippi offer the aspirant an excellent opportunity to advance in a dental related field such as becoming a dental hygienist.
Mississippi Dental Assistant Schools Enrolling Now
Penn Foster Career School
Career Diplomas and Certificates On Your Time and Online.
Want a better job? Looking for a new career? Thinking about starting your own business? Today’s students often don’t have time to attend regularly scheduled classes, but through online education, everyone can now get the education they need for the life they want. Penn Foster Career School, one of the world’s largest regionally accredited distance learning career schools, has educated millions of adults through their study-at-home programs.
When students complete their program they are awarded a Career Diploma. Penn Foster Career School offers Career Diplomas in a wide variety of high-demand career fields, particularly in the areas of: business, technology, engineering, health services, education, and the trades.
Career Diploma programs have gained in popularity because they contain a large amount of relevant, real-word applicable information that can be learned in a flexible format. Career Diplomas are ideal for people who are interested in changing careers, but can’t take time away from their current job or family obligations.
Why So Many Students Choose Penn Foster Career School for Their Training:
- All learning materials are available as soon as your enrollment is accepted.
- Students have the flexibility to study online… at a pace that’s right for them.
- There are no classes to attend because students complete all of their studies from the comfort and convenience of their own home.
- Penn Foster Career School offers over 50 Career Diploma programs in some of today’s most in-demand career fields.
- Friendly and helpful support from expert instructors dedicated to each student’s success is just a phone call or an email away.
- We have an extensive online community where students can interact with fellow students, faculty, and alumni. Students can also participate in the hundreds of blogs and academic groups.
- Web access to learning and student services is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Penn Foster Career School offers low tuition and customized payment plans with 0% interest.
- Books, study guides, learning aids, and instructor support are all included in the student’s tuition.
- As soon as students enroll, they immediately have access to Penn Foster Career Services, which include resume writing, interviewing tips, job search techniques, and more.
- Students can earn a Career Diploma in a matter of months.
Penn Foster Career School is accredited by the Distance Education Accrediting Commission (DEAC), which is recognized by the U.S. Department of Education (USDE) and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA). Penn Foster Career School is regionally accredited by the Commission on Secondary Schools of the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools.
Penn Foster Career School has been accredited as an Authorized Provider by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET).
About Dental Assistant Careers in Mississippi
The career prospects are also a reflection of the responsibilities that come with this line of profession. The dental assistant is charged with certain responsibilities that they discharge under the supervision of a trained dental professional. These duties include administrative roles, taking care of the office instrumentation and apparatus. Moreover, the dental assistant is charged with the responsibility of assisting or aiding the dental professional during procedures and in terms of catering to the patients. These are just some of the responsibilities one would be charged with and the very nature of the job presupposes a certain level of flexibility.
Mississippi Dental Assistant Salary and Job Outlook
The job group represented by the dental assistants has significant advantages. This is primarily so due to the job prognosis of the profession. The US Bureau of Labor Statistics reported in their annual statement that the sector is determined to grow by 31% per annum year-on-year to 2020. This is a factor that has seen the profession grow exponentially in popularity. In addition, the salary outlook for Mississippi dental assistants is also pleasing with a reported average salary of $29,710. (Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.)
Educational Requirements for Dental Assistants in Mississippi
Certain states require licensing of all dental assistants. This is so because a dental assistant may be called upon to operate specialized equipment or assist in one procedure or another. The training offered by the Mississippi dental assistant training schools cover this certification fairly well. They have certificate, diploma as well as associate degree programs. To enroll in these schools, one would need to apply with their high school diploma and any other relevant experience. The training is essential especially for those seeking to advance in the field.
Financial Aid Information in Mississippi
Federal grants and scholarships are the main source of financial aid for those seeking to train as dental aides. The money offered is usually for tuition purposes although in some instances they may include a full scholarship. To gain access to these, one needs to apply to the Mississippi dental assistant training schools and inquire or visit a federal grants agency.
Also check out: