Dentists must focus their attention on major dental procedures. Thus, the dental assistant comes in handy. Although the dentist must stitch the gums up, the dental assistant can clean the area. Dental assistants use suction devices and the water sprayer to clean the patient’s mouth. The comfort of the patient is up to the dental assistant. Dental assistants spend much of their time attending to the needs of the patient. Great people skills help the dental assistant to be successful. Dental assistants must be able to interact with people of all ages and backgrounds.
Find dental assistant schools in Minnesota areas like Minneapolis, St. Paul, Duluth and others.
Minnesota Dental Assistant Schools Enrolling Now
Penn Foster Career School
Career Diplomas and Certificates On Your Time and Online.
Want a better job? Looking for a new career? Thinking about starting your own business? Today’s students often don’t have time to attend regularly scheduled classes, but through online education, everyone can now get the education they need for the life they want. Penn Foster Career School, one of the world’s largest regionally accredited distance learning career schools, has educated millions of adults through their study-at-home programs.
When students complete their program they are awarded a Career Diploma. Penn Foster Career School offers Career Diplomas in a wide variety of high-demand career fields, particularly in the areas of: business, technology, engineering, health services, education, and the trades.
Career Diploma programs have gained in popularity because they contain a large amount of relevant, real-word applicable information that can be learned in a flexible format. Career Diplomas are ideal for people who are interested in changing careers, but can’t take time away from their current job or family obligations.
Why So Many Students Choose Penn Foster Career School for Their Training:
- All learning materials are available as soon as your enrollment is accepted.
- Students have the flexibility to study online… at a pace that’s right for them.
- There are no classes to attend because students complete all of their studies from the comfort and convenience of their own home.
- Penn Foster Career School offers over 50 Career Diploma programs in some of today’s most in-demand career fields.
- Friendly and helpful support from expert instructors dedicated to each student’s success is just a phone call or an email away.
- We have an extensive online community where students can interact with fellow students, faculty, and alumni. Students can also participate in the hundreds of blogs and academic groups.
- Web access to learning and student services is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Penn Foster Career School offers low tuition and customized payment plans with 0% interest.
- Books, study guides, learning aids, and instructor support are all included in the student’s tuition.
- As soon as students enroll, they immediately have access to Penn Foster Career Services, which include resume writing, interviewing tips, job search techniques, and more.
- Students can earn a Career Diploma in a matter of months.
Penn Foster Career School is accredited by the Distance Education Accrediting Commission (DEAC), which is recognized by the U.S. Department of Education (USDE) and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA). Penn Foster Career School is regionally accredited by the Commission on Secondary Schools of the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools.
Penn Foster Career School has been accredited as an Authorized Provider by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET).
About Dental Assistant Careers in Minnesota
Dental assistants spend some of their time in the laboratory. Temporary crowns are sometimes made by the dental assistant. Many states are expanding the duties of the dental assistant. Specialized classes must be successfully completed to qualify for these duties. Radiology duties can be delegated to a properly trained dental assistant.
Dental Assistant Salaries in Minnesota
You may not get rich working as a dental assistant; however, a solid income can come from a year of training. There are not many jobs that require so little training. Minnesota’s dental assistants average yearly incomes of $33,000. These are entry level salaries. Many years of experience will gradually increase your salary to the mid forties.
You can earn your dental assistant diploma in one year. Community college programs offer this training. Also, many colleges have associate level dental assistant programs. Within two years, you can walk away with an associate’s degree.
Dental assistant positions are expected to increase. In fact, positions in this field will grow rapidly through 2018. Younger dentists will most likely hire more dental assistants; this allows them to focus on more profitable procedures.
Roles and Responsibilities
Dental assistants must wear many hats. Patients need comforting and reassuring from the dental assistant. The dentist needs this team member to be a second set of hands during complicated procedures. Office supplies may be ordered by the dental assistant. In addition, the ability to schedule patients, bill insurance companies, and receive payments is crucial. Dental assistants must be flexible and easily adapt to change. A stable mind and excellent work ethic are important.
Also check out: