Dental assistants make the dental procedure go more smoothly. Since the dentist has only one set of hands, the dental assistant provides substantial support to the dentist. Keeping the patient’s mouth clean and dry is crucial to the success of the procedure. Many tasks do not require the skill and expertise of the dentist; these tasks can be performed by the dental assistant. This allows the dentist to focus on the procedures that require special skill.
Maryland Dental Assistant Schools Enrolling Now
At Fortis, our students get the skills and training needed for great careers in industries that are in demand. You are now closer to your dreams than ever before!
Fortis provides prominent education for anyone regardless of your previous educational background. Get the opportunity to receive all the personalized attention you deserve to achieve your career and educational goals!
- Expanded Function Dental Assistant
YTI Career Institute
At YTI Career Institute, we are your beacon-brightening your future outlook and lighting your path to a rewarding career. As a YTI student, you’ll enjoy five advantages:
- Industry-modeled training in Trades and Technical, Computers, Business, Medical, Culinary Arts or Criminal Justice.
- Accelerated programs you can complete in as few as 9 months.
- Energized, student-centered faculty who provide personalized instruction.
- Financial Aid assistance for those who qualify.
- Career Services assistance through your Career Services Specialist.
- Dental Assisting
- Expanded Functions Dental Assisting
All-State - Allied Health
All State was founded to provide you with the quality training necessary to meet your career objectives in many of the largest industries in the country ranging from Healthcare and trades to transportation. Many of the high demand industries have long recognized the need for professionally trained employees. By today’s rigid standards, the old “trial and error” and on-the-job training methods are unacceptable. There’s a better way!
All State is dedicated to preparing you to fill the employment opportunities available within many of these exciting industries. Our certification courses can prepare you for a lifetime of job security, stability, good income and benefits.
With All State you can achieve success. You can have a positive future, job satisfaction and financial freedom! It’s as simple as committing yourself to an education at All State Career School. We do more for you then just prepare you for a job. We want you to shine, so we give you critical career skills, confidence in your abilities and the extra boost of job placement assistance.
- Baltimore, MD
- Dental Assisting
- Expanded Function Dental Assisting
Everest College offers you hands-on career education in some of America’s most established career fields. Benefits include:
- Programs that can be completed in as little as one year (when progressing at a normal rate), allowing you to get the training you need and into the work force as quickly as possible.
- Courses taught by instructors who are former industry professionals eager to provide you with practical insights into the subjects they teach.
- Flexible schedules designed to meet the needs of working adults and support systems designed to help you succeed both inside and outside the classroom.
- Career Services professionals who can help you find post-graduation employment opportunities in your area-a service you can access throughout your career.
- Everest is dedicated to your success today-and tomorrow!
- VA - Woodbridge
- Dental Assistant
Dental Assistant Salaries in Maryland
You can make a good living as a dental assistant. The short training time enables you to make money quickly. For instance, the average annual dental assistant salary in Maryland is $36,860. Advanced education and experience can increase your income to nearly $46,000 per year. (Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.)
Educational Requirements for Dental Assistants in Maryland
Most states require dental assistants to obtain a one year dental assistant certificate. The training program educates students on the basic principles on dental care. Furthermore, future dental assistants are prepared to assist the dentist in all procedures. An associate’s degree can open more doors of opportunity in the dentistry field. The associate’s degree will take you about two years to finish; however, the additional education can earn you future promotions.
Maryland Dental Assistant Job Outlook
Substantial growth is expected in the healthcare and dentistry fields. The growing population of older adults increases the patient base of dentists. This trend is expected to continue throughout the next decade. Thus, potential dental assistants can expect future success.
Roles and Responsibilities
The main function of the dental assistant is supporting the dentist. Dental procedures are complex and require a team effort. Also, the dental assistant seeks to make the patient feel at ease. A calm demeanor aids the patient in a successful dental experience.
Also check out: