Dental assistants have a very interesting and exciting job. For those interested in the dental or health science fields of careers, becoming a dental assistant would be an excellent place to start. Dental assistant training prepares the candidate to perform administrative tasks, patient care and laboratory tasks under the supervision of a trained dental health care professional.
Maine Dental Assistant Schools Enrolling Now
Penn Foster Career School
Career Diplomas and Certificates Your Time and Online.
Want a better job? Looking for a new career? Thinking about starting your own business? Today’s students often don’t have time to attend regularly scheduled classes, but through online education. Penn Foster Career School, one of the world’s largest regionally accredited distance learning career schools, has educated millions of adults through their study-at-home programs.
When students complete their program they are awarded a Career Diploma. Penn Foster Career School offers Career Diplomas in a wide variety of high-demand career fields, particularly in the areas of: business, technology, engineering, health services, education, and the trades.
Career Diploma programs have gained in popularity because they contain a large amount of relevant, real-word applicable information that can be learned in a flexible format. Career Diplomas are ideal for people who are interested in changing careers, but can’t take time away from their current job or family obligations.
Why Many Students Choose Penn Foster Career School for Their Training:
- Materials are available as soon as your enrollment is accepted.
- Students have the flexibility to study online… at a pace that’s right for them.
- There are no classes to attend because students complete all of their studies from the comfort and convenience of their own home.
- Penn Foster offers over 50 Career Diploma programs in some of today’s most in-demand career fields.
- Friendly and helpful support from expert instructors dedicated to each student’s success is just a phone call or an email away.
- We have an extensive online community where students can interact with fellow students, faculty, and alumni. Students can also participate in the hundreds of blogs and academic groups.
- Web access to learning and student services is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Penn Foster Career School’s tuition is among the lowest of all accredited career schools. They offer 0% interest and customized monthly payment plans.
- Books, study guides, learning aids, and instructor support are all included in the student’s tuition.
- Students and graduates have immediate access to Penn Foster Career Services, which include resume writing, interviewing tips, job search techniques, and more.
- Students can earn a Career Diploma in a matter of months.
Penn Foster Career School is accredited by the Distance Education Accrediting Commission (DEAC), which is recognized by the U.S. Department of Education (USDE) and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA). Penn Foster Career School is regionally accredited by the Commission on Secondary Schools of the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools.
Penn Foster Career School has been accredited as an Authorized Provider by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET).
Dental Assistant Careers in Maine
Dental assistant training prepares the student for a career in the dental field of healthcare. On completion of the training, the career prospects available for a trained professional in this field are great. With the ever expanding job market in this field, there are bound to be greater opportunities to advance in ones career. The advancement prospects would see one attain an office management post or a dental practice liaison officer attachment.
Maine Dental Assistant Salary & Job Outlook
Despite various data on the prevailing market, the dental assisting career line seems to be ever expanding. The total number of persons employed in this profession was more than 300,000 as of 2010. In addition, the US Bureau of Labor Statistics reported that this career sector would grow at an annual rate of 31% (faster than average) through to 2020. To make this career prospect even more appealing, the median annual salary range of a dental assistant in Maine was pegged at $37,780 with an hourly rate of $18.17. (Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.)
Educational Requirements for Dental Assistants in Maine
There are various educational requirements that one must fulfill in order to work in this career field. To begin with, it would be prudent for the aspirant to, if possible, undertake to have some science related subjects on their high school diploma. After this, there are a number of courses available in Maine dental assistant training schools. These schools offer Certificate programs that are certified by the Dental Assisting National Board. In addition, a Diploma and Associate’s Degree are offered, both of which are certified by the DANB. Additional certifications may be pursued to advance one’s career prospects.
Financial Aid Information in Maine
Financial aid information in Maine is available from the Maine dental assistant training schools as well as the local federal grants office. The options available may include scholarships, grants, and consolidation loans amongst other options. The dental assistant can also receive financial assistance from specialized organizations such as the American Dental Association and the American Dental Assistants Association.
Also check out: