As dentists and dental offices expand their client portfolio, the hiring of dental assistants becomes an increasingly important aspect of growth. Chances are the last time you visited your dentist, the majority of your treatment was conducted by a dental assistant, with only a small amount of the procedure conducted or observed by the dentist themselves. Job prospects in this field are excellent. Dental assistant careers in Iowa begin by receiving the correct education at accredited Iowa dental assistant training schools.
Iowa Dental Assistant Schools Enrolling Now
Penn Foster Career School
Career Diplomas and Certificates On Your Time and Online.
Want a better job? Looking for a new career? Thinking about starting your own business? Today’s students often don’t have time to attend regularly scheduled classes, but through online education, everyone can now get the education they need for the life they want. Penn Foster Career School, one of the world’s largest regionally accredited distance learning career schools, has educated millions of adults through their study-at-home programs.
When students complete their program they are awarded a Career Diploma. Penn Foster Career School offers Career Diplomas in a wide variety of high-demand career fields, particularly in the areas of: business, technology, engineering, health services, education, and the trades.
Career Diploma programs have gained in popularity because they contain a large amount of relevant, real-word applicable information that can be learned in a flexible format. Career Diplomas are ideal for people who are interested in changing careers, but can’t take time away from their current job or family obligations.
Why So Many Students Choose Penn Foster Career School for Their Training:
- All learning materials are available as soon as your enrollment is accepted.
- Students have the flexibility to study online… at a pace that’s right for them.
- There are no classes to attend because students complete all of their studies from the comfort and convenience of their own home.
- Penn Foster Career School offers over 50 Career Diploma programs in some of today’s most in-demand career fields.
- Friendly and helpful support from expert instructors dedicated to each student’s success is just a phone call or an email away.
- We have an extensive online community where students can interact with fellow students, faculty, and alumni. Students can also participate in the hundreds of blogs and academic groups.
- Web access to learning and student services is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Penn Foster Career School offers low tuition and customized payment plans with 0% interest.
- Books, study guides, learning aids, and instructor support are all included in the student’s tuition.
- As soon as students enroll, they immediately have access to Penn Foster Career Services, which include resume writing, interviewing tips, job search techniques, and more.
- Students can earn a Career Diploma in a matter of months.
Penn Foster Career School is accredited by the Distance Education Accrediting Commission (DEAC), which is recognized by the U.S. Department of Education (USDE) and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA). Penn Foster Career School is regionally accredited by the Commission on Secondary Schools of the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools.
Penn Foster Career School has been accredited as an Authorized Provider by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET).
Roles and Responsibilities of a Dental Assistant in Iowa
Dental assistants must work closely with, and under the supervision of, dentists. A Dental assistant will perform several duties including patient care, clerical, and laboratory work. Prior to the procedure, they disinfect and sterilize devices and instruments. They prepare and organize the materials and instruments needed for each specific patient. As you may recall from experience, the dental assistant prepares the patient for treatment. They may apply anesthetics and process dental x-rays. While the dentist performs the treatment, the dental assistant will perform essential duties working alongside the dentist. They are the extra set of educated hands for instruments, materials, and in keeping the mouth clear and dry by using suction hoses and other equipment.
Iowa Dental Assistant Salary and Jobs
On average, dental assistants in Iowa can expect to earn $35,780 per year. As with any profession, salary growth is commensurate with experience. It is important to establish yourself in the field for several years before applying for a better pay dental assistant position in your area. Employment opportunities in this field are on the rise and do not reflect the economic woes found in other fields. A primary reason for this is that dental assistants cannot easily be replaced by computers. With human population growth comes more teeth, and dental assistant positions are expected to double in the next fifteen years. (Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.)
Iowa Dental Assistant Education
Iowa dentists typically now require applicants to be a Certified Dental Assistant and to have earned this credential through recognized Iowa dental assistant training schools. Several Iowa dental assistant training schools have been accredited by the Commission on Dental accreditation.
Also check out: