Dental assistants play an important role in any dental practice. They are the individuals that assist the dental operators while these operators carry out various duties. If one wishes to pursue a career as a dental assistant, there are many great things to consider. Amongst these are the career prospects, salary perks and job outlook. As one embarks on their dental assistant career in Hawaii, the most important thing to consider first is whether there is sufficient interest in the career path.
Hawaii Dental Assistant Schools Enrolling Now
Penn Foster Career School
Career Diplomas and Certificates Your Time and Online.
Want a better job? Looking for a new career? Thinking about starting your own business? Today’s students often don’t have time to attend regularly scheduled classes, but through online education. Penn Foster Career School, one of the world’s largest regionally accredited distance learning career schools, has educated millions of adults through their study-at-home programs.
When students complete their program they are awarded a Career Diploma. Penn Foster Career School offers Career Diplomas in a wide variety of high-demand career fields, particularly in the areas of: business, technology, engineering, health services, education, and the trades.
Career Diploma programs have gained in popularity because they contain a large amount of relevant, real-word applicable information that can be learned in a flexible format. Career Diplomas are ideal for people who are interested in changing careers, but can’t take time away from their current job or family obligations.
Why Many Students Choose Penn Foster Career School for Their Training:
- Materials are available as soon as your enrollment is accepted.
- Students have the flexibility to study online… at a pace that’s right for them.
- There are no classes to attend because students complete all of their studies from the comfort and convenience of their own home.
- Penn Foster offers over 50 Career Diploma programs in some of today’s most in-demand career fields.
- Friendly and helpful support from expert instructors dedicated to each student’s success is just a phone call or an email away.
- We have an extensive online community where students can interact with fellow students, faculty, and alumni. Students can also participate in the hundreds of blogs and academic groups.
- Web access to learning and student services is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Penn Foster Career School’s tuition is among the lowest of all accredited career schools. They offer 0% interest and customized monthly payment plans.
- Books, study guides, learning aids, and instructor support are all included in the student’s tuition.
- Students and graduates have immediate access to Penn Foster Career Services, which include resume writing, interviewing tips, job search techniques, and more.
- Students can earn a Career Diploma in a matter of months.
Penn Foster Career School is accredited by the Distance Education Accrediting Commission (DEAC), which is recognized by the U.S. Department of Education (USDE) and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA). Penn Foster Career School is regionally accredited by the Commission on Secondary Schools of the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools.
Penn Foster Career School has been accredited as an Authorized Provider by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET).
Hawaii Dental Assistant Roles & Responsibilities
To determine whether this is the case, consider some of the responsibilities and roles of a dental assistant: they make removable temporary crowns, clean, sterilize and polish dental instruments, assist the operators during the various operations and procedures they carry out. In addition, they also perform office duties such as receiving patients, sending and receiving mail, scheduling appointments amongst other office duties. They have what may be called a ‘chairised’ job with most of their roles played while seated.
Salary and Job Outlook
There is reason to smile for all prospective dental assistants. The job market in this sector is predicted to grow by 31% (much faster than average) over the next decade. In addition, Hawaiian dental assisting professionals may expect to earn an average of around $32,740 per year or roughly $15.74 an hour. This represents a better pay package in comparison to several other related job groups. (Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.)
Hawaii dental assistant training schools provide courses in dental assistant training. These training modules are offered both to those who have had some on-the-job training as well as those fresh out of high school. For those leaving high school, having done some science subjects would give one an added advantage. Much as most states require certification for one to work in this industry, others only require one to gain on-the-job training.
Financial Aid Information in Hawaii
Financial aid is available for prospective dental assistants in Hawaii. Hawaii dental assistant training schools provide scholarships to qualified candidates. This however is subject to the individual school’s policy on the same. In addition, federal channels are available to access financial aid. For more information on this, one may contact the listed Hawaii dental assistant training schools or the local federal grant’s office. These will furnish the inquirer with sufficient information on the same.
Also check out: