Dental assistants are a necessary and growing part of health care. They may care for patients, do data entry and other technical work, perform x-rays or other laboratory activities, care for patients, and more. Dental assistants can start their career sooner because they do not need the longer training necessary to become a dental hygienist. Dental assistants must be responsible, as they need to be able to work well in a team and under a supervisor (dentist). They should have good dexterity with their hands and a pleasant attitude, since they may frequently need to calm and relax the dentist’s patients.
Connecticut Dental Assistant Schools Enrolling Now
Lincoln College of New England
Lincoln College of New England offers a number of things you would expect from a traditional 4-year college – quality academics, a wide selection of career-focused programs and a well-seasoned faculty. But we offer something even more amazing than that: a personal approach that focuses on your individual success as a student.
This personalized focus has been the hallmark of our success. Our limited class sizes and dedicated college instructors make this student-centered approach possible. It’s what truly sets us apart from other colleges – and what helps give our Lincoln graduates a competitive advantage in the marketplace.
You can choose from a variety of undergraduate degree programs within the fields of Health Sciences, Business, Communications, Hospitality, and more. All of our Bachelor degrees, Associate degrees, and Certificate programs offer in-depth curriculums that will prepare you to be amazing in the career field of your choice. Plus, you’ll enjoy flexible class schedules and the option of on-campus housing. Whichever campus or program you select, you can count on going far with the career-skills, confidence and credentials you can only get from Lincoln College of new England!
Financial aid is available for those who qualify. Programs vary by campus.
Penn Foster Career School
Career Diplomas and Certificates On Your Time and Online.
Want a better job? Looking for a new career? Thinking about starting your own business? Today’s students often don’t have time to attend regularly scheduled classes, but through online education, everyone can now get the education they need for the life they want. Penn Foster Career School, one of the world’s largest regionally accredited distance learning career schools, has educated millions of adults through their study-at-home programs.
When students complete their program they are awarded a Career Diploma. Penn Foster Career School offers Career Diplomas in a wide variety of high-demand career fields, particularly in the areas of: business, technology, engineering, health services, education, and the trades.
Career Diploma programs have gained in popularity because they contain a large amount of relevant, real-word applicable information that can be learned in a flexible format. Career Diplomas are ideal for people who are interested in changing careers, but can’t take time away from their current job or family obligations.
Why So Many Students Choose Penn Foster Career School for Their Training:
- All learning materials are available as soon as your enrollment is accepted.
- Students have the flexibility to study online… at a pace that’s right for them.
- There are no classes to attend because students complete all of their studies from the comfort and convenience of their own home.
- Penn Foster Career School offers over 50 Career Diploma programs in some of today’s most in-demand career fields.
- Friendly and helpful support from expert instructors dedicated to each student’s success is just a phone call or an email away.
- We have an extensive online community where students can interact with fellow students, faculty, and alumni. Students can also participate in the hundreds of blogs and academic groups.
- Web access to learning and student services is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Penn Foster Career School offers low tuition and customized payment plans with 0% interest.
- Books, study guides, learning aids, and instructor support are all included in the student’s tuition.
- As soon as students enroll, they immediately have access to Penn Foster Career Services, which include resume writing, interviewing tips, job search techniques, and more.
- Students can earn a Career Diploma in a matter of months.
Penn Foster Career School is accredited by the Distance Education Accrediting Commission (DEAC), which is recognized by the U.S. Department of Education (USDE) and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA). Penn Foster Career School is regionally accredited by the Commission on Secondary Schools of the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools.
Penn Foster Career School has been accredited as an Authorized Provider by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET).
Salary Outlook for Dental Assistants
Statistics from 2010 show that Connecticut dental assistants make around $19.56 an hour, or around $40,680 per year. Many people enter the profession because it allows many opportunities for advancement in addition to the pay. For example, DAs can move into sales of dental products, train new dental assistants on the job, or even manage a dental office. Dental assistants can also advance to become dental hygienists. For many advancement opportunities (particularly hygienist), seeking additional education may be necessary. The same 2010 statistics show a 10 year forecast for steady increase of 31% (much faster than average) in need for dental hygienists in the job market. (Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.)
Education and Training
Dental assistants gain experience on the job, but junior and community colleges, tech schools, the Military, and trade schools in various places all offer classes for dental assistants. Dental assistants taking classroom courses will need to pass classes on subjects like the biological and health sciences, chemistry, as well as technical training for office software and data entry.
Also check out: