Dental Assistants perform many duties that aid in creating a smooth running dental office. They are usually seen sterilizing, disinfecting, and cleaning instruments. They will prepare the area for patient treatment, by laying out all materials, instruments, or equipment. Dental Assistants are also heavily involved with dental procedures, and are seen assisting the dentist by providing instruments, suctioning the patients’ mouth, and giving instruction to patients as mandated by the dentist.
Laboratory duties are an additional responsibility to Dental Assistants. Such duties often include, processing dental x-rays, removing sutures, preparing impressions, preparing restorations, making temporary crowns, and applying topical agents to gums or teeth.
More importantly, many Dental Assistants are required to perform work in the front office. Their responsibilities usually include, making appointments, order dental supplies, receive patients, send/receive bills, and maintain patients’ records.
Arkansas Dental Assistant Schools Enrolling Now
Penn Foster Career School
Career Diplomas and Certificates Your Time and Online.
Want a better job? Looking for a new career? Thinking about starting your own business? Today’s students often don’t have time to attend regularly scheduled classes, but through online education. Penn Foster Career School, one of the world’s largest regionally accredited distance learning career schools, has educated millions of adults through their study-at-home programs.
When students complete their program they are awarded a Career Diploma. Penn Foster Career School offers Career Diplomas in a wide variety of high-demand career fields, particularly in the areas of: business, technology, engineering, health services, education, and the trades.
Career Diploma programs have gained in popularity because they contain a large amount of relevant, real-word applicable information that can be learned in a flexible format. Career Diplomas are ideal for people who are interested in changing careers, but can’t take time away from their current job or family obligations.
Why Many Students Choose Penn Foster Career School for Their Training:
- Materials are available as soon as your enrollment is accepted.
- Students have the flexibility to study online… at a pace that’s right for them.
- There are no classes to attend because students complete all of their studies from the comfort and convenience of their own home.
- Penn Foster offers over 50 Career Diploma programs in some of today’s most in-demand career fields.
- Friendly and helpful support from expert instructors dedicated to each student’s success is just a phone call or an email away.
- We have an extensive online community where students can interact with fellow students, faculty, and alumni. Students can also participate in the hundreds of blogs and academic groups.
- Web access to learning and student services is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Penn Foster Career School’s tuition is among the lowest of all accredited career schools. They offer 0% interest and customized monthly payment plans.
- Books, study guides, learning aids, and instructor support are all included in the student’s tuition.
- Students and graduates have immediate access to Penn Foster Career Services, which include resume writing, interviewing tips, job search techniques, and more.
- Students can earn a Career Diploma in a matter of months.
Penn Foster Career School is accredited by the Distance Education Accrediting Commission (DEAC), which is recognized by the U.S. Department of Education (USDE) and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA). Penn Foster Career School is regionally accredited by the Commission on Secondary Schools of the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools.
Penn Foster Career School has been accredited as an Authorized Provider by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET).
Salaries for Dental Assistants in Arkansas
The average salary for Dental Assistants is approximately $28,590. In addition to paid wages, some Dental Assistants are offered benefits such as paid vacations, provided that they are hired as a full-time employee. (Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.)
Training for Dental Assistants in the Arkansas
Many Dental Assistants are trained by attending a 1 year Dental Assisting program that is usually offered by community colleges, trade schools, or a technical training institute. However many states will require additional certification or licensing if the student would like to be involved with more advanced functions, such as radiological procedures.
Is Financial Aid Available?
You may qualify for financial aid while taking Dental Assisting courses. It is advised that you check with your schools financial aid department. However, you may also visit www.fafsa.ed.gov and fill out the application.
Also check out: