Dental Assistant careers in Alabama are currently in high demand and are not predicted to change anytime soon. A dental assistant is a career that falls into Health Care Field, and there will always be a demand for the maintenance and repair of teeth.
Dental Assistant Schools in Alabama
At Fortis, our students get the skills and training needed for great careers in industries that are in demand. You are now closer to your dreams than ever before!
Fortis provides prominent education for anyone regardless of your previous educational background. Get the opportunity to receive all the personalized attention you deserve to achieve your career and educational goals!
Penn Foster Career School
Career Diplomas and Certificates Your Time and Online.
Want a better job? Looking for a new career? Thinking about starting your own business? Today’s students often don’t have time to attend regularly scheduled classes, but through online education. Penn Foster Career School, one of the world’s largest regionally accredited distance learning career schools, has educated millions of adults through their study-at-home programs.
When students complete their program they are awarded a Career Diploma. Penn Foster Career School offers Career Diplomas in a wide variety of high-demand career fields, particularly in the areas of: business, technology, engineering, health services, education, and the trades.
Career Diploma programs have gained in popularity because they contain a large amount of relevant, real-word applicable information that can be learned in a flexible format. Career Diplomas are ideal for people who are interested in changing careers, but can’t take time away from their current job or family obligations.
Why Many Students Choose Penn Foster Career School for Their Training:
- Materials are available as soon as your enrollment is accepted.
- Students have the flexibility to study online… at a pace that’s right for them.
- There are no classes to attend because students complete all of their studies from the comfort and convenience of their own home.
- Penn Foster offers over 50 Career Diploma programs in some of today’s most in-demand career fields.
- Friendly and helpful support from expert instructors dedicated to each student’s success is just a phone call or an email away.
- We have an extensive online community where students can interact with fellow students, faculty, and alumni. Students can also participate in the hundreds of blogs and academic groups.
- Web access to learning and student services is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Penn Foster Career School’s tuition is among the lowest of all accredited career schools. They offer 0% interest and customized monthly payment plans.
- Books, study guides, learning aids, and instructor support are all included in the student’s tuition.
- Students and graduates have immediate access to Penn Foster Career Services, which include resume writing, interviewing tips, job search techniques, and more.
- Students can earn a Career Diploma in a matter of months.
Penn Foster Career School is accredited by the Distance Education Accrediting Commission (DEAC), which is recognized by the U.S. Department of Education (USDE) and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA). Penn Foster Career School is regionally accredited by the Commission on Secondary Schools of the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools.
Penn Foster Career School has been accredited as an Authorized Provider by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET).
Roles and responsibilities of a Dental Assistant in Alabama
Even if the exact responsibilities of a dental assistant differ from office to office, the majority of them are the same. They are an essential ingredient for success in most if not all of the procedures done by a dental surgeon. A common responsibility is preparing dental instruments for surgical and non surgical dental procedures.
Alabama Dental Assistant’s Salary Outlook
Dental Assistants can be paid by the hour or given an annual salary. The way in which the dental assistant is paid is at the discretion of the dental surgeon at the office where they work. The average salary of a dental assistant is fifteen dollars an hour. The average yearly salary is thirty thousand dollars a year.
Educational requirements to become a Dental Assistant in Alabama
The amount of education required to become a dental assistant depends on the state you are working in. Alabama dental practices have hired dental assistants that go to a trade school and obtain their license within a year, but would prefer those with a two year associates degree. You will also need to have one to two months of hands on training before you can get your license. Alabama also requires you to continue your education every two years to maintain your license.
Financial aid information for Dental Assistant Schools in Alabama
It is no secret that school is expensive. Even technical schools that offer certificates for careers that only require one year of study can be quite costly. There are many ways to pay for college other than out of pocket. The types of financial aid are the Perkins and Stafford loan. There is also free government aid that students can apply for. The students that are military dependents also qualify for special military aid.
Also check out: