It will take an average of two years for you to complete a diploma course in any dental assistant school in Sacramento. Each training program involves the following subjects and courses: dental science, dental anatomy, dental materials and equipment, oral radiology, oral communication, and hands-on-experience. Most schools require their applicants to submit a high school diploma and a fully accomplished application form so they may evaluate and process your application. If you are a non-native English speaker, they may also require you to pass TOEFL certification so they can assess your communication skills. At times, these schools may even do a criminal background check on you to ensure that you can indeed become a credible dental assistant in the future.
About Sacramento Dental Assistant Jobs
There are approximately 296,810 dental assistants who are currently working in different practices across America. It is considered to be one of the best professions to invest in if you’re looking for a brighter future, because the demand for dental assistants is expected to further increase up to 31% over the next ten years. (Source: U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.) Like the other 43,640 some dental assistants currently working in California, Sacramento dental assistants can probably expect to earn somewhere around the state average of $36,420 per year.
Dental Assistant Salaries in Sacramento
Sacramento is one of those cities where dental assistants receive a pay rate that is relatively high. A dental assistant averages $17.51 an hour with a normal working hour of only 35-40 within a week but this can further increase depending on the qualifications of the dental assistant. This places the state of California slightly above the national average for dental assistant income levels.
Dental Assistant Schools in or near Sacramento
Four Great Reasons To Choose Carrington
ONE-ON-ONE TUITION PLANNING
More than 80% of Carrington College students use some form on financial aid1 to help cover the cost of their education2. That’s why we offer personalized counseling from a Student Finance Advisor to help make your college experience more affordable.
1. Student loans, grants and scholarships are available to those who qualify.
2. Percentage calculated by Carrington College for the 2015-16 school year.
You want a hands-on career, and your Carrington College education will help get you there. From blood draws to x-rays, our courses are designed to let you practice your skills in the lab so you’ll be ready for your career when you graduate.
You can feel confident knowing your instructors are bringing years of real-world experience in to the classroom. Our qualified instructors are dedicated to helping prepare you for your future. They know what skills you’ll use in your career, and they’ll teach you what matters.
Carrington offers you the opportunity to practice your skills in the real-world before you graduate. Clinical rotations and externships are an important part of your education. You’ll get to learn from professionals in your chosen career field and make important connections for your future.
Carrington College is accredited by the Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges, Western Association of Schools and Colleges (ACCJC/WASC), 10 Commercial Blvd., Suite 204, Novato, CA 94949, (415)506-0234, an institutional accrediting body recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation and the U.S. Department of Education. Additional information about accreditation, including the filing of complaints against member institutions, can be found at www.accjc.org.
- Dental Assisting - Certificate
- Dental Assisting - Associate of Science Degree
- Medical Assisting - Certificate
- Medical Assisting - Associate of Science Degree
- Dental Hygiene - Associate of Science Degree
- Medical Billing and Coding - Certificate
- Medical Billing and Coding - Associate of Science Degree
Career College of Northern Nevada
Invest in Your Life with CCNN
Career College of Northern Nevada will equip you with the training you need to succeed. Do you want to complete your diploma or degree program quickly? If so, CCNN is the place for you. We eliminate non-vocational training so you can stay focused on the core subjects that will matter to you in your career.
At CCNN, we prepare you for a real future. We know what employers want, and our hands-on training programs give you the confidence needed to show them that you’ve got it. You won’t leave CCNN with just the training theories. You’ll be fully qualified to land the job, keep the job and excel in the job.
- HVAC/R Service Technician – Train to install and maintain heating and cooling systems for residences and commercial businesses.
- Welding and Fabrication – Learn the primary functions of a successful welding and fabrication specialist
Associate of Occupational Studies Degrees:
- Health Information Management – Prepare to perform medical insurance management duties, which include billing, submitting denied claims for appeal, explaining insurance procedures, coverage and benefits to patients, and more.
- Medical Assisting – Train to complete clinical and administrative tasks for physicians and other health practitioners in a variety of settings.
- Information Technology Specialist – Acquire the skills needed to maximize the potential of modern businesses, with an emphasis in virtualization, iPhone, iPad and tablet integration, and cloud computing technologies.
- Industrial Electronics Technology – Learn to work with emerging engineering technologies, including robotics, hydraulics, fiber optics, smart home technology, security/surveillance systems, and more .
We offer convenient morning,afternoon and evening classes, as well as graduate placement services.Financial aid is available for those who qualify, and we are approved for Veteran’s Training.
Admissions hours: Monday-Thursday 8 a.m.-7p.m., Friday 8 a.m.-5 p.m., Saturday by appointment only
By filling out this form, you understand that Career College of Northern Nevada will utilize this information to contact you to provide more information about Career College of Northern Nevada by a variety of methods including phone (both mobile or home, dialed manually or automatically), email, mail, and text message.
Accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC):
2101 Wilson Boulevard Suite 302, Arlington, VA 22201
(703) 247-4212 | www.accsc.org
Responsibilities of Dental Assistants: Administrative and Medical
The dental assistant is always subject to the supervision of the dentists. He has no authority in anyway to give medications and treatments without the approval of the dentist. Nevertheless, he may be tasked to do some dental auxiliary operations, administration of company policies and compliance programs and maintain the dental supply inventory. He should also bear in mind that the field of dentistry is still under the category of health services so any professional affiliated in this field, which includes dental assistants, should comply to all the rules and regulations stated by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
Also check out: